Monday 6 February 2012

MADONNAS/SUPERBOWL/GIVENCHY

The world is in a frenzy right now following Madonna's stunning mid time performance for the 111th superbowl...And rightly so!

The fashion world was at the edge of its seat in anticipation as to who and what Madge would be wearing, and she certainly didn't disappoint!

In typical Madonna fashion, she was carried onto the field on an Egyptian style throne, in a stunning crystal and spike encrusted Givenchy haute couture floor length cape. Complete with one of the most breath taking head pieces I've EVER seen, courtesy of the extremely talented Phillip Treacy. Her Madgesty pulled no punches in reclaiming her 'Queen of Pop' status, singing 'Vogue' whilst her gladiatorial dancers flocked around her. 





The dancers themselves looked amazing, wearing Roman-esque outfits teamed with Jeremy Scott shoes or gold Dr. Martens. Many of the dancers also had masks, headpieces (also by Treacy) along with ornate epaulettes...It really was a breathtaking opening to the show!



Madonna was then joined onstage by LMFAO as she lost the gold gown and crown, revealing a black minidress and gold studded gladiator skirt, also by Givenchy, that was VERY Versace...And I mean VERY...Regardless, I love it!





The gladiator dancers left the stage to usher on a group of cheerleaders, along with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Both Minaj and M.I.A wore black, red and gold cheerleader inspired outfits, complete with gold pom-poms of course! Minaj and M.I.A's looks where completed with Erickson Beamon headdress's...For me the headdresses in this show NAILED IT!




For the final segment Madonna wore a floorlength black coat that was yes, again, courtesy of Givenchy. which I must admit was a bit reserved and, dare I say plain?! Yes, It is beautiful...but to start the show with a bang, I maybe expected it to end in the same way?




Anyway, overall the show was a fashion triumph! Checkout the video below!






No comments:

Post a Comment