Friday 6 January 2012

MANISH ARORA RTW SS12

Manish Arora is undoubtedly one of my favourite designers, you can always rely on his collections to bring that little something extra that sets him out from the rest. Whether it be an innovative material used or an eye melting colour palette, Arora ALWAYS delivers the goods!

So obviously, out of all the SS12 collections I've seen so far, Mr Arora's is by far my favourite!

The first thing I noticed and LOVED, was that the collection seems to be divided into two; half the collection is in metallics/pastels, whereas the other half is mostly black/green and jewel colours. This dichotomy of moods works so well...Their is definitely something for everyone, and the looks will work well day or night!

Arora is well known for his futuristic style, using abstract shapes to give the wearer an otherworldly silhouette along with kaleidoscopic colours that should NEVER work together...but somehow work SO well...

If Barbarella ever needed a frock...Manish would be the first port of call!

I was stunned by his use of iridescent detailing on a number of the pieces...Not something you often see on the runway (obviously this disappoints me) and when combined with marabou feathers, the effect is alien-like and luxurious...a combination that again, doesn't seem achievable...but somehow Arora manages it to perfection!

The slatted piece with the green bird decoration, though beautiful, is almost identical to one by Gareth Pugh for SS12...I'm not sure what I think about this, neither are one to emulate other designers, however they are REALLY similar...I'll leave that for you to decide!

The finale of the show was by far my favourite piece..an anatomical top made of what appears to be balsa wood...totally bizarre and impractical, but totally inspired!

Here are my favourite pieces from the collection...Enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment