Saturday 3 December 2011

LEEROY NEW & KERMIT TESORO

Following on from my Marry The Night blog post, I decided to check out more of Leeroy New's work...and I've gotta say: I LOVE.

Out of all of his past works, It's his previous collaboration with fellow Filipino, Kermit Tesoro, that caught my attention in particular.

With Tesoro providing the shoe and undergarments, together they showed this collection during Philippine Fashion Week 2010 and without a doubt it was a show stopping collection.

The subdued colour palette along with the unusual silhouettes created by the avant garde ensemble, Is a delicious concoction of underwater and futuristic inspired forms. This contemporary mix is a sure fire winner and with their recent collaborative effort for Gaga, i hope to see more work from this pair very soon.

Here are my favourite pieces from the collection...If you'd like to see more of New's work (not limited to just fashion!) then hop over to his online portfolio: strycatcher.multiply.com














No comments:

Post a Comment